Saturday, April 7, 2012

....

From April 4 to April 6, I went to an outreach with my church people for it was an activity from the church. I didn't want to go there at first because it would be tiring, I have to do my undone homework, I need to work on my Social Studies project and I still need to practice my guitar. I still went there even though I didn't want to. I was helping people like giving them clothes, playing with them, and sharing foods with them but fuck!!! why the hell did they have to live so far away! I had to go over several mountains to get to them and took us 4 to 5 hours to get there! I got a lot of sun burns and I've lost a lot of weight. If I got anything from this experience, that would be knowledge for survival in crucial conditions of the mountains. I ate food with my bare hand, not enough water supply, no electricity. Can you even imagine walking more than 15 kilometers? Wow... I can't even believe it myself that I've done that thing... Right now my skin is burning... I wonder Jesus walked for more than 15 kilometers and carried a bag that weighed more than 10 kilograms... I wonder... It was not a pleasant experience but very memorable and somehow helpful.

2 comments: